The Design Sojourn Website Refresh Version 5.0
I just wanted to let you know that we have officially launched a new refresh of the Design Sojourn Website, our 5th website upgrade and variation to date!
Now almost 1 year into running my own design consulting business, I felt it was high time to make this website a little more business like and a little less like a blog.
Here are some of the new UI functionality and website tweaks we made:
1) The Navigation contents have moved from the right sidebar, to the top of the webpage. This makes it more visible, and more convenient for potential customers to search out for our services and products etc.
2) The Navigation bar is now perpetual (remember those old school web frames?) so that visitors can still easily get access to the important parts of the website. Do scroll down the webpage to see how it works.
3) Implemented a visual image slider that highlights briefly what Design Sojourn is all about, as well as to share some of our more recent client work. The intention is to start a conversation that would eventually lead to a meeting where we can show our portfolio work in detail.
4) The top of the right sidebar has been changed to highlight excerpts of our latest workshops, news or product launches. At the top of our sidebar, we have added a coded link directly to our Design Sojourn Store.
5) Fixed some bugs as well as tweaked and optimized the CSS and PHP code. We have also upgraded the theme to work better with the more recent WordPress builds and to also take advantage of its additional functionality such as menus and widgets.
All in all I’m pretty happy with how this design refresh had turned out! If you happen to be reading this article on an RSS feed or via our email newsletter, do head on down to designsojourn.com to have a look at the changes.
Finally before I sign off, I like to give a shout out to the folks at Brew Creative and thank them for helping me get this Design Sojourn refresh out to all of you! So what do you think of this new look? I would love to hear your thoughts.