I’ve always linked the idea of linking blogs up, but perhaps more on an altruistic level. I see linking as all about making friends and letting the world know about it. Thus I absolutely abhor blogs and blog owners whom would not give you the time and day even after you asked nicely. This is in particular of blogs that are very high up in the visitor traffic or are very popular. However I don’t blame them as most people want a link to them simply to raise their Google page rank.
However recently I have been receiving a spade of requests to swap links. So I also do understand that these high traffic sites probably do get a lot of requests. Regardless, I would like to declare that I will never become like these so called “A-List” high traffic blogs and blog owners and will always link to a blog if asked nicely and only under the following conditions:
1) You actually have visited my blog, left comments and contributed to the Design Sojourn community, at least more than once.
2) You are my friend or person I know in real world or a blog that I like to read.
3) Your blog is related to the topics that Design Sojourn focuses on.
4) I like your blog or you.
5) Your comments and blog provides content that is genuine, truthful and helpful to Design Sojourn users.
6) You actually link to me at the end of the day. I have removed links of blogs that I suddenly find I’m not part of any more!
So my friends if you are interested in swapping links. Please do email me at dt [at] designsojourn [dot] com!