Share Your Portfolio and Win some Moo Cards!
That’s right people, no fear! Image by StreetFly JZ
When Moo approached me to see if I was interested in some Moo cards for Design Sojourn readers, I immediately said “yes!” These Moo cards are really part of a flexible card printing system that allows you to print anything on card sizes that range from business cards to greeting cards and even stickers. I have used them in the past for small mini cards with images from my portfolio as part of my personal brand. I think you might find them useful for your needs too.
This got me thinking, instead running an “oh hum” boring giveaway, why not make it more fun and interactive by combining the coupon giveaway with an opportunity for designers to share their portfolio with the rest of the world? Good idea?
Here are the rules:
1) I have two free coupons to any (yes any!) Moo products to give away. Up to a $80 value worth of cards to give away, so you get to choose what you want.
2) Any designer or non-designer can participate.
3) I will select winner by using a random number tool where each entrant will have an equal chance to win. But you can influence your chances of winning! This activity is about participation and not about having the best portfolio or design work. However I do hope that this platform will allow you an opportunity to see what others have done and then be inspired to better yourself!
4) To participate and increase your chances of winning you can do the following:
a) You get 1 chance to win by leaving a comment on this post. This comment can be a unique portfolio idea, improvement feedback to someone else’s portfolio, or perhaps how you would like to use the Moo product to further your personal brand. The points are cumulative, so please do comeback and comment frequently!
b) You get 1 chance by leaving a link to your portfolio in a form of a website or blog or even to a down-loadable portfolio PDF file. Links to Coroflot or Behance etc. do count, but do share a little about how you use these sites to showcase your work.
c) You get 1 chance for tweeting or re-tweeting this post. Please mention @designsojourn or use this hashtag #moofolio so I can keep tabs on you. Multiple retweets are welcome, but please do keep it once a day and don’t spam your followers!
d) You get 3 chances for writing a blog post to let people know about this give-away and/or sharing your thoughts on your blog.
e) And most important of all, you get 10 chances of winning by sharing your portfolio work for everyone to see! To keep the playing field level, only one portfolio type (a website or pdf or Coroflot etc.) will be counted, though you are welcome to share your entire basket of portfolio formats!
f) Do note that all chances are cumulative! For example, you could leave a link in the comments section (below) to pictures of your hardcopy portfolio book on your flickr account, and also retweet this post. This would give you 12 chances for winning the 2 coupons.
5) This give away will close on Monday 18th October at 12pm (+8 GMT). The winner will be contacted by email and announced on Wednesday 20th October.
I think that is about it. So please do go ahead and start sharing your portfolio; and don’t forget the more we share to more we learn. Who knows, you might even get talent spotted! We can dream big right?
EDIT: Alright people! The give away is closed. Stay tuned for the results soon!
EDIT 2: Drum Roll! And the winner is SAJID! I will be contacting the winner soon by email. Congrats to the winner and thank you everyone who took part.