8 things I thank Steve Jobs for
This morning I work up to the sad news of the passing of Steve Jobs. Though I expected it, I had hoped it would never come. As the world mourns the passing of a legend, I’m at a lost for words to describe the breath and depth or the everlasting impact of his achievements. I therefore though it would be better instead to celebrate his life with a small tribute by sharing 8 things I would like to thank Steve Jobs for.
1) Showing the world what the power of design can do.
2) Showing that a design focused and design-integrated organization is vital for innovation and leadership in today’s market environment.
3) Showing that passion and going that extra mile turns good to great.
4) Not being afraid to fail, and instead launching paradigm shifting products with guts, and iterating as you go.
5) Showing the world that good design is about making choices.
6) Showing that it is not about products or services but about ecosystems.
7) Showing us how to stand above criticism while keeping sight of the bigger picture.
8) And finally, for demystifying technology by making it simple to use and turning it into our friend.
Though we have never met, you have indelibly left your mark on me (via my Apple IIe) and, not to mention, the world. Thank you for doing more for Design than anyone else could. RIP.