Mind Numbingly Cool Muji Notebook iPad App
I have not gone all “Ga-Ga” over anything for a long time. Until I caught wind that Muji, one of my favorite brands, has released a Notebook App for the iPad inspired by their own physical notebooks. How about that!
I really dig the App’s functionality and its simple and elegant interface design. To me they have got quite close of embodying the experience of paper notebook in a virtual environment. It is obvious someone took a lot of time to study and research the different uses of a notebook.
From the Muji App webpage:
Notebook for iPad from MUJI, a brand that is known for its ever user-friendly stationery.
Advanced features such as handwriting recognition and predictive text input allows you to take notes and to sketch at will.
* Advanced technology enables smooth and effortless freehand input.
* Combination of handwriting recognition and predictive text input technology enables fast and effortless text entry.
* Text input with keyboard is also available.
* Thickness and color can be chosen freely for lines and characters.
* Page types can be selected from four different kinds: ruled, gridded, quadrant, and plain.
* You can import photos and PDF files from iPad and iTunes.
* Imported photos can be adjusted to size and laid out on pages at will.
* You can email your notebook to your friends and colleagues.
Graphical data formats that can be imported are as follows: .jpg/.png/.bmp/.tiff/.gif
This Notebook App (US$3.99) is part of their recently released suit of iPad Apps which also includes a MUJI Calendar App (Not too bad too and free), a MUJI To-Go App for travelers (Cool idea, even better free!), and a MUJI Apparel Catalog for the iPhone. (Right…)
I have to say that I’ll gladly pay US$502.99 for this MUJI Notebook App so that it comes with an iPad as well!
Check out them all out at the official Muji App webpage. Hat tip to @nickpan for the link.